Intelligent and eco-friendly energy solutions and an innovative, company-based environment in which your establishment process is smooth and easy.
The Kolmenkulma Eco-Industrial Park is an industrial park which will be built on land situated in three different municipalities. The area is being developed with a cleantech emphasis, which will be implemented primarily by maximising cooperation between individual businesses for the purposes of increasing material and energy efficiency, decreasing environmental burdens and developing common eco-friendly approaches through the sharing of energy resources and services.
The 850-hectare Kolmenkulma business area is developed jointly by Tampere, Nokia and Ylöjärvi and is primarily meant for office and manufacturing purposes. The three cities are committed to developing the Kolmenkulma area in an eco-friendly fashion and to employing renewable energy solutions. A zoning plan has been approved for Kolmenkulma, multiple area plans have been finalised and all new building projects can be approved and implemented quickly. During the project‘s extensive planning phase specific cleantech business zone and energy project surveys have been carried out in the Kolmenkulma area. One of the key components in all Eco-Industrial Park projects is the use of solutions which employ renewable energy.
This project will enable Kolmenkulma to become a vibrant, live environment in which innovative new business concepts, technologies and services can be developed and tested. The area will also provide an environment in which commercially viable new technologies can be commissioned and/or implemented in a step-by-step fashion.
Newcoming investments to Nokia's Kyynijärvi area include a major bio- and circular economy cluster, ECO3, with investments of about 60 M€ in total, i.e.
- Ecolan, ash refinery (2017)
- Ecomation, pyrolysis facility (2017)
- Nowaste, recycling of plastics and rubber (2017)
- Pirkanmaan jätehuolto, biodigester (2018)
- Nokian Vesi, waste water treatment plant (2019)
- Pirkanmaan Metsänhoitoyhdistys, biomass terminal (2018-19)
The Kolmenkulma area will offer:
- Industrial symbiosis: synergies and exchanges which enable one company to acquire the excess materials and by-products of another and use them as resources.
- New and innovative energy solutions, including a shared distribution network and decentralised and smart energy networks (a smart grid).
- The implementation of pilot projects in a live environment
- A Plug & Play model: municipal infrastructure solutions and operational networks that are easy to access or join.
The Kolmenkulma Eco-Industrial Park will offer the following benefits to all companies which set up operations inside the area:
- An easy establishment process: Plans have been developed that ensure that it is particularly easy to establish your company in this area.
- Close proximity to markets: Finland’s second largest and fastest growing concentration
- Good availability of labour
- Good transport connections
- Close proximity to companies which share a similar value chain
- An innovative business environment
- Close proximity to research institutes